Sunday, May 3, 2009


So I have made a personal goal to finish a layout everyday this month(okay maybe not counting weekends,my husband is away for the next 4 weeks and with all this free time what a better way to spend it then by scrapbooking)another personal goal in this time frame,is to not only make as many pages as possible,but to also use as many new techniques(till now i have just used the materials and pasted them on paper,no extreme art there)So the first page I did with a new technique is "Baby Love"The blue paper in the very back of the page(and the blue swirls all throughout the layout)is acctually not paper at all,but wax paper.I took crayons,shaved them down,layed them between two sheets of wax paper,ironed the paper to melt the wax,thus making a beautiful mosaic look,I couldn't have been happier by how the wax pattern turned out,and the entire page for that matter!The photos are of Aubrielle at 3 weeks of age.

4 comments:

  1. I love the way this looks!! And what a great technique, i've used it on paper but only for cards, thanks for the new idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this LO also! Especialy the colors, for some reason ever since my daughter was born, I have been likeing pink more and more! By the way Jill, I just moved from Lexington Park, last August, my hubby is still there and commutes on weekends, he works for Dyncorp at Pax River, I also worked there at weapons and the quarter deck for 4 years! We may have to meet up sometime!
    Tanisha~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The LO is amazing!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete