Thursday, July 8, 2010

from trash to treasure!

How fun is it to create new things from old!I created this fun layout for simply scrapping.I always like to see the how toos,so heres a little play by play for yall to see the magical process!Heres the goodies I used:
I created a black background with tissue paper which i accordion folded:
I Painted on the packaging,cut circles,folded them in half to create this flower:
I used the surrounding cutouts rather than the sticker itself for these parenthesis:

I stenciled,cutout from the cardboard,painted,and beaded this "&" symbol in my title:and also i used an old book page as one layer,found and cut the frame around the title,and found the white paper by using a crate paper pad cover paper,...and thats whats recycled/re purposed! I hope yall like it and find the time to make some trash to greatness scrappy art!I am off to scrap yet another "trashy" layout for our Scrap your Crap / Gutter Girlz swap layout....posting on the 15th(so be sure to peek back in for more trashy greatness!

2 comments:

  1. I love this layout!! I love the beautiful girlyness of it!! and I love how you posted a walk through of its creation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly GORGEOUS layout Bri!!! I love all of the deets you added! That accordian folded tissue paper looks fabulous! I love it ALL!!!

    I hope you are feeling better Sistah! Sending you get well hugs!!!! Mmmwaahhh!

    ReplyDelete