Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Paper folding technique




I made a tag today for a cafe mom challenge,and on it i used this great paper folding technique and thought It would be a great thing to share,so I hope you can understand the instructions,can have fun and find a great use for this technique.First off cut squares,mine were 2x2 in size,the larger/smaller the squares the larger/smaller the wreath can be! #1)mark each corner as shown(A,B,C,and D)this will help when folding. #2)fold corner A to corner D,making a triangle. #3)fold corner B to corner C without creasing. #4)Pinch the tip. #5)unfold so corner A is ontop. #6)Fold corner B to center which you pinched. #7)Fold corner D to A. #8)Fold corner C to center pinch mark. #9)Fold corner C back up,making a tiny triangle in the corner. #10)insert a pencil to create a pocket and fold it down. #11)place the folded papers one at a time on the circle,slightly overlapping,until you complete the circle creating a paper wreathe frame. #12)YOURE DONE!!!



9 comments:

  1. Neat! I bet that would look cool with double sided paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cool by the way...Ok well friend me on CM and I will help you make a siggy if you want. I like to make mine on scrapblog. and then if I want a link in it I just post it underneath the picture siggy. I dont think you can have a siggy on Simply Scrapping, unless I misunderstood and you meant have a siggy with SS in it lol. Let me know, friend me on CM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you use for the circle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was a chipboard circle form a chipboard kit I had

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! great job...thanks for the step-by-step pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My screen name on cafemom is Emmanemma22.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That makes an adorable frame, can't wait to try it with printed or stamped papers

    ReplyDelete