Tuesday, April 10, 2012

out with the old and in with the new


It's out with the old and in with the new over at Dixie Pieces this month.All of the team members took the time to interpret this in our own way,and right away I knew what I wanted to do.I had a stash of some "old" pebbles scrapbook paints.Do you remember when they were all the rage?I just HAD to get one in every color.Fast forward quite a few years,and the new rage adorns most scrappers tables...I am speaking of Mister Hueys,or your mist of choice,of course!I wanted to use both trends,old and new on a unified layout.I am not one for a huge artsy feel on my pages,so i chose to lightly mist some doilies and paint some circles as embellishments.I am happy with the fun look it added to this fun layout!I love the subject of this layout by the way.My girls have a thing about lining their toys up on the window,leaving them for me to find later.It is such a cute thing of their childhood.While today it may make for clutter,i know it will be these little things I will miss the most once they are grown.

We would love to see your take on this,and the other team members challenges.Share for your chance at this months member prize.By the way,have you seen,Dixie Pieces has now gone from forum to Facebook,so take the time to "like" us and join the fun!
Also,don't forget to check out the awesome new Step Class over at ScrapFit,Sheila shows us some awesome Quilling!

3 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeee your lo!!! My DD loves those dolls!! LOVING the colors and your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh what a fun page and cute pics to scrap!!! love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girl i just wanted to stop by & say congratulation's for getting on the shortlist over at scrapbook nook, fingers crossed for the rest of the journey xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete